This Special Report from
Forbes Newsletters will give you 5 great Canadian stock picks.
5 Low-Risk Canadian Stocks
Don't miss this
FREE special report from Gordon Pape, publisher of The Canada Report.
Until recently Canadian investments were overshadowed by stocks and funds in the U.S. and other places around the globe. However, given the current global boom in natural resources, economies like Canada’s and Brazil’s are on fire.
For the past several years, blue-chip Canadian stocks have outperformed the S&P 500 by a wide margin, aided by the rapid rise of the Canadian dollar, which appreciated almost 17% against the U.S. dollar in 2007 alone.
This Special Report provides expert insight into the best investment opportunities available in America’s northern neighbor. Its focus is on blue-chip stocks, many of which are listed on the NYSE and other U.S. exchanges. Its contributing editors, all of whom are based in Canada, include some of the country’s leading money managers, financial commentators, and business people.
Here are some reasons why you should consider investing in Canadian based companies.
* Huge energy reserves. The vast Alberta Oil Sands make Canada second only to Saudi Arabia in terms of proved and probable reserves. And all that oil is right on America’s doorstep, not half a world away.
* A strong economy. For several years, Canada has led the G7 countries in economic growth. Unlike the U.S., the country enjoys a perpetual trade surplus.
* A powerhouse currency. Since 2002, the Canadian dollar has appreciated more than 60% against the U.S. dollar.
* Sound fiscal policy. Canada’s federal government has run a budgetary surplus every year for the past decade, paying down the national debt in the process.
* Political stability. Canada is a stable Parliamentary democracy, with deep-seated traditions of human rights and tolerance.
* A strong banking system. Canada’s big five banks are among the strongest financial institutions in the world, and were relatively unscathed by the subprime mortgage crisis.
* Great profit potential. Canada offers a wide range of investment opportunities, including some of the world’s leading gold, uranium, coal, base metal, and potash producers as well as high-tech giants like Research in Motion.
To download our FREE 6 page, “5 Low-Risk Canadian Stocks” special report and learn about five great companies that offer excellent profit potential with minimum risk, enter your email address and zip code in the boxes below .